The Academic Skills Achievement Program provides one-on-one and small group tutoring to all students in the areas of world languages, mathematics and statistics, sciences, technology and writing. We provide free tutoring service for all CSUMB Students
Please click here to access our online scheduling system.
Fall 2013 Hours
Mondays thru Thursdays: 10am-8pm
Last day of tutoring for fall 2013 semester: Thursday, December 12, 2013
Help us improve ASAP services! Please fill out this survey
What does ASAP expect of students?
Be Actively Engaged In your session
Be open to helping others(your peers) understand.
Make the most of your appointment:
- Bring appropriate materials - handouts, assignments, calculators, books.
- Think about what topics to cover; bring questions.
- Start the assignment before the appointment.
ASAP Learning Outcomes
Tutee learning outcomes—ASAP tutees will:
1. demonstrate willingness to embrace new learning strategies.
2. apply study and learning skills modeled and taught through peer tutoring to increase their ability to learn independently.
3. utilize collaborative and independent learning opportunities to increase understanding of course subject matter.
4. develop as independent and self-directed learners.
Tutor learning outcomes--ASAP tutors will:
1. reflect on their tutoring practice and formulate goals for personal learning and development.
2. convey information in a variety of contexts and communicate effectively and responsibly with a number of audiences, including students, faculty, and staff.
3. enhance their professionalism regarding planning and problem solving, interaction with students, faculty and staff, timelines of assignments, and appearance/dress.
4. facilitate self-directed learning approaches with individuals and groups in a variety of modalities.
5. develop interpersonal skills, including empathy and cultural sensitivity.
We are located on the 2nd Floor of the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library, Room 2125.
Staff Contact Information
Becky Rosenberg, Ph. D., Director - 831-582-4626
Jay Singh, Program Analyst - 831-582-4518
Monica Soto, Tutorial Support Coordinator - 831-582-4459
Jessica Fine-Garrett, Language Coordinator- email@example.com
Alysia Goyer, Mathematics Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Detka, Science Coordinator - email@example.com
Jay Singh, Technology Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Natasha Oehlman, Writing Coordinator - email@example.com
Lesley Stampleman, ESL Specialist- LStampleman@csumb.edu
Carolynn Schaut, ESL Specialist- firstname.lastname@example.org